English language plus sightseeing - Holmes arranges study tours for large or small groups visiting one or more of our campuses. Many groups find this an ideal way to see Australia. Homestay and language training programs are available and tailored to individual group requirements. Classes and excursions may be integrated into our general programs or delivered specifically to a group. Please contact the Holmes International Office for further details.
Groups of Study Tours visit our shores a number of times throughout the year from countries such as New Caledonia, Russia and China. Their programs are individually designed and tailored around what the group's interests or requirements might be.
Most days the students attend English lessons in the mornings and then attend activities and excursions in the afternoons. A Saturday is usually a full day excursion and Sundays are usually spent with the Homestay families enjoying BBQs or outings with the Homestay family and friends.
The following activities provide an insight into how the study tours are used to aid in learning English in a contextual environment. These tours would be typical from Holmes Gold Coast campus.
The Gold Coast experience
- Visiting a number of Theme Parks such as Dreamworld, Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet n Wild. (These are both educational as well as filled with excitement, shows, displays and thrills and spills on rides.)
- Surfing Lessons which are loved by all. (Many of the students that visit on our Study Tours come from cities that are nowhere near the ocean or if they are, they do not have a surfing beach such as ours.)
- Visiting an Outlet Store Shopping Centre where the many stores sell things from clothes, shoes, sportswear at up to 80% off.
- Get up close with many Australian animals such as Kangaroos, Koalas, and Crocodiles at Currumbin Sanctuary, Dreamworld or Paradise Country.
- Take in the wonderful 360 degree views from the 77th floor of Q1, the tallest residential building in the world.
- Take a trip to Byron Bay - you may be lucky enough to spot a whale or a pod of Dolphins. Tour around Brisbane for some fun and culture visiting Mt. Cootha, the Museum, Science Centre and finish it off with some shopping in The Queen Street Mall.
- And then there are other activities such as Ten Pin Bowling, Beach Games, Ice Skating and Native Walks to name but a few!
The students always leave us (with many returning again the following year) having experienced many things that they may never try or see again.